8th Ariano International Film Festival
Ariano International Film Festival is conceived and organized by Rai.Co. Aps based in Ariano Irpino(AV).
Objectives and purposes
The festival aims to identify, promote and enhance the different expressions of cinematographic art, in a perspective that favors the search for innovative stylistic modalities and the positive competitiveness between different peoples and cultures, as specified below:
- Projections of cinematographic works aimed to entertainment, scientific dissemination and promote the animated film;
- Opportunities for meetings and comparisons, for a plural growth shared among the various operators in the film industry.
The 8th Edition of the Ariano International Film Festival will be held from 27th July to 2th August 2020. The Festival includes reviews and awards to prominent artistic proponents, social and cultural development, as a contribution to a better knowledge of the history of Italian and International cinema. The awards ceremony will take place during the Festival.
International competition for feature films, documentaries, short films, short films for schools and animations with a free theme.
Please note: the works that compete for the section “WORLD” cannot participate to the sections “GREEN” and “AIFF YOUNG”
International competition aimed exclusively to documentaries with an environmental theme. The competing work will have to face this theme, enhancing the different and manifold socio-cultural implications: the cinema on the environment intended as a means of both denunciation and reflection.
Please note: The documentaries that compete for the section “GREEN” cannot participate to the section “WORLD”
National competition aimed exclusively to any Short movies, made by smartphone by directors with no more than 35 years of age. Only Italian can participate to this section.
Please note: the works that compete for the section AIFF YOUNG cannot participate to the section AIFF WOLRD
Screening of feature films, documentaries, short films and animations, not included among the finalist works, but considered equally worthy of being mentioned by the jury.
Conditions of registration
- The feature films up to 60 minute of duration.
- The short films up to 30 minutes of duration.
- AIFF YOUNG short movie up to 5 minutes of durations
- No time limits foresee, for animations and documentaries.
- English or in Italian subtitles are required in case of the film is not in English or Italian.
Featuring films, short movies, and documentary must have been concluded after January 1st 2019.
Otherwise they will not be accepted.
Awards and jury
The submitted works will be reviewed by a panel of film and television industry experts, which will in its sole discretion, during the closing ceremony, assign the following prizes to winners, no ex-aequo foreseen:
- AIFF AWARD for the best work feature films section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work documentaries section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work short films section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work animation section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work in school short films section, including a cash prize;
- Special mention to one or more works presented among the five categories listed above.
- Press Award for the best work, a feature film category, awarded by a jury of expert journalists;
- Audience Award to one of the works presented for one of the five categories listed above, decreed by a popular jury, composed by the public present at the Festival;
- Students Award to one of the works presented for one of the five categories listed above, decreed by a student jury belonging to the schools who participate to AIFF.
The works received will be examined by a jury composed by representatives appointed by FAI (Italian Environment Fund) WWF and WEEC (World Environmental Education Congress), which will confer at its sole discretion, during the closing ceremony, the following prize to the first classified, without ex-aequo:
- Award for the best “GREEN” documentary, together with a cash sum.
The works will be examined by a technical jury chosen by AIFF which will confer at its sole discretion, during the closing ceremony, the following prize to winner without ex equo:
- Award for the best “YOUNG SHORT MOVIE”, together with a cash amount.
The Competition is free.
To participate you must create an account in the section “my account” to the following link https://www.arianofilmfestival.it/en/registrazione-en/ and fill up the application form. The application form can be modified at least until april 30 2020.
As soon as you complete the application form you will receive a validation email.
Submission of movies and related materials
WORKS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE IN THE RESERVED AREA:
- Option “Load your work on our website” (Please note: the file to be uploaded, MP4, MKV or AVI, shall not exceed 1 GB)
- Option “report a link on which your work is already loaded” (Please note: the streaming link must be type Vimeo, YouTube, etc. and must allow the download of the file of any format and size, name and password for viewing the work, the link must remain active until June 15th).
Works must be uploaded within April 30 2020. After that, the “Film Contest” will shut down the link submission, so it would be impossible to participate. All related film products (such as poster, movie screenshots, director photos, trailer, press-book and write dialogs) shall be sent exclusively by through the application form.
Only Finalists will receive an email from AIFF which ask them to upload their work in HD format.
Incomplete registration forms will be examined by the judges which will decide whether to accept them or not.
Each participant can submit more than one work with separate registration forms.
Within the submitted movies, those selected will be shown during the Festival and they will become part of the Ariano International Film Festival archive. All movies either selected or not, will not be given back to the authors. The AIFF Organization is not liable for possible delays in mail delivery, damages or loss of DVDs. Finalists will be notified by phone or email AIFF. Applying for this competition implies unconditionally acceptance of these rules. These rules are written in Italian and translated in English. The Italian version will prevail in case of dispute, due to interpretation disagreement. Festival final schedule and works admissions to the competitions will be available, at the end of the selection procedures, on the web site www.arianofilmfestival.com